Sesame crown with cream cheese and artificial caviar
- For Dough:
175 g of sifted flour (6 oz), ? tsp of salt, 1 ? tsp of sugar, 90 g of cold butter (3 oz), 1 yolk, 2 tbsp of water or cold white wine, Sesame seeds (optional)
100 g (3.5 oz) of Philadelphia cheese, 50 g (1.8 oz) of artificial caviar
• Mix the flour, the salt, the sugar, the butter, and the sesame seeds in a bowl.
• Cut the butter with two knives into the dry ingredients until crumbs form.
• Add the yolk to the mixture and mix with a wooden spoon. If necessary, add the water or white wine (? tbsp at a time) until the mixture starts to come together.
• Mix the ingredients by hand until well incorporated.
• Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth.
• Roll out the dough until it is 3 mm (0.1 in) thick. Cut out 4.5 cm (1.8 in) diameter pieces using a star cutter or one with ridges. Place them in mini muffin cups. Prick the base with a fork and bake at 200 °C (400 °F) for approximately 10 minutes, until firm.
• Place the tartlets on a rack.
• Add the cream cheese using a piping bag or a medium plastic tube.
• On a square china dish, arrange the tartlets, a scoop of cream cheese and, lastly, a tsp of artificial caviar.
Have a nice meal!