Eggs Stuffed with Caviar
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Small pinch salt
- 4 ounces salmon caviar
- Lettuce leaves, micro red cabbage or greens, for garnish
- Small parsley sprigs, for garnish
Remove the yolks from the eggs and place them in a bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork. Add the creme fraiche, chives and lemon juice to the yolks and season very lightly with salt. Mix until the ingredients are well blended.
Spoon the yolk mixture back into the whites and top with a teaspoon of caviar. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Arrange on lettuce leaves, garnish each egg with a small parsley sprig and serve.